Obituary: James (Jim) A. Kleeman
August 5, 2014
James (Jim) A. Kleeman died of a sudden heart attack on July 26, 2014. Jim was 56 years old. He leaves his wife of 20 years, Susan (Friedrich) Kleeman; his son, Stephen; his five sisters, four sisters-in-law, and their families.
Jim graduated in 1976 from St. Johns High School in St. John's, Mich., and relocated to Colorado where he began his career as a whitewater river guide. As a result of his adventures, Jim became an accomplished cook, feeding friends and family. It was during one of Jim's famous annual pig roasts when he met his wife, Sue. Jim was a gifted craftsman and was sought out for his problem solving skills. There was nothing Jim couldn't fix and his handy-man skills were known throughout the county.
For the last 18 years, Jim has been involved with some of the County's largest water treatment projects, including GC's District 1 water and sanitation plants, and was most recently an integral member of the operations team for the HSS Drinking Water project.
Jim was an avid hunter and fisherman, winter sports enthusiast and enjoyed time spent with friends and family.
A memorial service will be scheduled at a later date. You can leave a condolence for the family at his webpage at http://www.grandcountymortuary.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ‘destination’ light show planned to brighten downtown Winter Park
- Hot Sulphur Springs man injured after falling wire knocks him into window