Obituary: Jerry E. Hale
January 27, 2015
Jerry Hale, a longtime resident of Granby, passed away in Kremmling on Jan. 21. He was born in Denver.
Jerry was a caring and loving husband, grandfather, father and friend that will be missed dearly. At an early age he moved to Grand County where he attended local schools, graduating from Middle Park Union High School in 1951. Jerry served in the U.S Air Force during the Korean War from 1952-1955. Jerry received 3 medals; United Nations Service Medal, Korean Service Medal, and National Defense Service Medal. Jerry was honored as Middle Park Pioneer of the Year in 2008.
He is survived by his wife Hilda, of 56 years, daughter Candy (Bryan) Holley of Granby, son Jack (Connie) Hale of Severance, Colo., and grandchildren Tiffany (Curt Frederickson) Jacob and Kailey Hale. Also, brothers in-law Edwin Hill, Clinton Hill, Virgil (Shirley) Hill, Richard Hill, many nieces, nephews, cousins, good friends and neighbors. He is proceeded in death by his parents Jack and Marie Hale, and sister-in-law Thelma Hill, all of Granby.
Private Family services will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, the family requests you send donations to your favorite charity of choice.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Letter to the editor: Constitution Week and Sharia law