Obituary: Joseph Recktenwald
November 7, 2016
Joseph J Recktenwald Sr., 92, passed into eternal life on October 23, 2016. Joe was a WWII Veteran, serving in four branches of the Military. He was preceded in death by his wife Mildred and his son Joe. He is survived by seven children, 19 grandchildren, 33 great-grandchildren,and three great-grea-tgrandchildren.
He was a resident of Grand Lake for over 36 years. Joe will be remembered for his many accomplishments and his heart of gold. He made friends with everyone he came in contact with. He loved the Lord, his family and his country. Joe also loved the mountain life in Grand Lake and the many people he called friends. He was on the Grand Lake Fire Dept. and Grand County Sheriff"s Patrol for many years. For 32 years he dedicated his service to the Rotary Club of Grand Lake and was a parishioner at St Anne Catholic Church. He was laid to rest at Ft. Logan National Cemetery in Denver. You will be missed by many Papa Joe.
Trending In: Obituaries
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Grand County police blotter, Oct. 12 – Oct. 18: Horse falls out of trailer; nobody stops for accident victim
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors