Obituary: Nancy Sue Goodwin, October 25, 1938 – August 8, 2013
August 15, 2013
The morning of Thursday, Aug. 8 was beautiful. There were clouds in the eastern sky of Colorado and as the sun rose that day, vivid rays of light spread in all directions from behind those clouds. Then the sun broke through and shined down upon my mom as she lie in bed dying from cancer. At that moment with her family by her side, Mom went to Heaven.
Nancy Goodwin was born in Kane, Pennsylvania on Oct. 25, 1938. She met her husband Carl and they had two boys named Douglas and Brian. Among all of her best qualities, selflessness was perhaps her most memorable one. Through thick and thin Mom was always there to support my brother Brian and me in all we did.
Mom loved animals, gardening, going on adventures, and above all, her family. She will be greatly missed but her bright spirit lives on. She is survived by her husband Carl of Colorado Springs, her son Brian Goodwin and two grandsons Will and Ben of Laugna Beach Calif., her son Doug Goodwin of Hot Sulphur Springs, Colo., her sister Betty Daley of Bradenton, Fla., and her sister Joan Huntzinger of Kane, Pa.
Memorial services will be held in her home town of Kane, Pa., in October when the beautiful leaves of the hardwoods are at their peak color.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Oct. 16 tax deadline creeping up on extension filers
- Veteran Army combat medic sprung into action when teenage girl fell from fourth-floor hotel balcony in Glenwood Springs
- Colorado doctor: Health effects of living in mountains unknown to medical establishment
- Mustangs complete third straight shutout in win over Rangely
- Cause now known for last week’s Broken Arrow Motel fire