Obituary: Ralph Francis Benson
January 20, 2015
Ralph was born in Detroit, Mich., served in the Navy on the USS DeHaven, and later worked for Haliburton in Wyoming and C Lazy U Guest Ranch in Colorado. He was married to Judith Kay McElderry Benson.
He is survived by his kids: Larry (Micah) Benson of Granby, Helen Benson of Georgetown, and Connie (Kevin) Craft of Worland, Wyo. He is also survived by his precious grandkids: Lauren Craft of North Liberty, Iowa, and Robert Benson of Granby; and his brother, Leonard (Barbara) Benson of Upland,Calif.
Services will be held at Winter Park Christian Church (274 Ponderosa Trail, Tabernash, CO 80478) on Jan. 23, 2015, at 2 p.m. A cake reception will follow.
In lieu of flowers, the family is asking that donations be made in Ralph's memory to: USS DeHaven Sailors Association, Attn: Scholarship Fund, 2606 Jefferson Ave., Joplin, MO 64804. Condolences can be sent to the family at PO Box 1971, Granby, CO 80446.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law