Obituary: Theodore ‘Ted’ Thompson
March 3, 2015
Theodore "Ted" Thompson, of Heeney passed away peacefully on Feb. 11, 2015.
Ted was born Feb. 3, 1949, in Ilwaco, Wash., to Ted and Martha Thompson. As a young boy, he moved to Aspen where he was a successful competitive cross country ski racer through high school. During his youth, he spent time in Summit County with his uncle and aunt, Max and Edna Dercum. After meeting his wife, they moved to the Heeney area. After a few odd jobs, he settled at Culbreath Ranches, working as a ranch hand until retirement. Ted was an accomplished photographer, writer, world traveler and outdoorsman. He had a passion for the mountains he lived, worked and hiked in.
Ted is survived by his brother, Stewart, son, Zach (Dessa), former wife, Mary, granddaughters Olivia and Willa, extended family and many close friends.
There will be a celebration this summer.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law