Obituary: Thomas Waldow, 1964 – April 7, 2014
April 14, 2014
Thomas Waldow of Fraser, Colo., passed away unexpectedly Monday after spending a normal day with his wife and best friend of more than 42 years. He was born in 1964 and raised in Milwaukee, Wis., and spent his summers in Minnesota. He came to live in Colorado for one year in 1973 and never left. About 11 years ago, after surviving an extremely serious hospital stay, Tom said, "This is my encore now," which was longer than he expected. During this "encore," his children married, and he welcomed six grandchildren he dearly loved into this world.
Tom home-schooled their three children of whom he was so proud. He never stopped dreaming of future plans and ideas, many of which were ahead of their time.
Tom is survived by his wife, Eileen, and their children, Aila (Asa) Holley, Christina (Steven) Prothero, and Nick (Caroline) Waldow, Eddie White (Marson's father) and six grandchildren Marston, Atticus, Laila, Stella, Roark and Thor and his cat
In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Waldow Family. Service will be held at 1 p.m. with visitation at noon, on Saturday, April 12, at The Church of Eternal Hills.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Trail Ridge Road remains closed in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Celebrating Memorial Day: Grand Lake’s parade attracts many (with videos, photo gallery)
- 2 appointed to Grand Lake board after resignations
- 151 men left, 7 would never come back
- Students of essay contest share why they choose to be tobacco free