Veterans wanted as volunteers for Winter Park rally
August 5, 2009
Here’s hoping we have all heard about the Veterans Rally Aug. 14-16 at Hideaway Park in Winter Park.
All times of events have not been posted as of yet, but we know the Traveling Wall will be open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The folks sponsoring the event are looking for volunteers. Perhaps veterans willing to help with their time would make the event more meaningful. You can help with a couple of hours or as long as you want. If you’d like to help call Tamara at 970-726-4221 ext 205.
Event sponsors are also looking for World War II Veterans to honor and be a part of the ceremony at noon Saturday, Aug. 15. Veterans of WW II wanting to be part of the ceremony give Tamara or myself a call as soon as possible; please have ready a short biography so we can make a proper introduction. Hope to see you and meet you there.
Veterans, if you have questions about this event or veterans benefits call me at 970-725-3122 or my cell at 970-509-9024. I am in my office on Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call anytime or if you need an appointment.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law