Small fire extinguished in Winter Park
December 7, 2016
The East Grand Fire Department responded to a small smoldering fire in one of the apartment units above Strip & Tail in Winter Park on Sunday, Dec.4.
The fire happened around 1:30 a.m. According to East Grand Fire Chief Todd Holzwarth a game console caused the flames.
Holzwarth said the department was able to extinguish the fire within minutes. The building was evacuated briefly, but everyone was allowed back inside shortly after the fire was put out.
A few items around the location of the fire were burned, but the damage was minuscule, according to Holzwarth.