Bowling leagues forming now
May 24, 2012
If you’ve picked up the 7-10 split on the Wii, now’s your opportunity to do it for real.
Bowling Leagues will be forming soon, both at Grand Lake Lanes and also at the new cinema and bowling center in Fraser.
The primary goals of a bowling league are to have fun, socialize and enjoy some indoor recreation.
There’s a strong charitable side to the bowling organization as well. Each season, other nonprofits are selected as recipients for fundraising efforts from games and contests each league conducts weekly. For example, at the last Grand County Advocates meeting, local bowling board members presented a $275 check to the Advocates from fundraising by Louie’s Ladies, Ladybugs and Friday Night Mixer leagues.
The Grand County USBC Bowling Association may be the oldest nonprofit in the county, organizing league play and tournaments for nearly 60 years.
Those interested in joining the bowling association should contact the association manager Becky Allison at email@example.com or visit GC USBC BA on Facebook at Bowling In Grand County Colorado.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Musings on avalanches, prevention and the unforgiving wild (column)
- Mustangs complete third straight shutout in win over Rangely
- BREAKING: Silverthorne man reported missing from Missouri Mountain
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Sanders: Winter Park trails for fat biking, winter riding tips
- Oct. 16 tax deadline creeping up on extension filers
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Veteran Army combat medic sprung into action when teenage girl fell from fourth-floor hotel balcony in Glenwood Springs
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Looking for a shoulder-season escape? Here are 5 small-town getaways in northern Colorado