Byers Canyon Rifle Range temporarily closed for fencing project
August 20, 2013
HOT SULPHUR SPRINGS — Colorado Parks and Wildlife is closing the Byers Canyon Rifle Range Aug. 26 and 27 to allow work on fencing project at the nearby Parshall Divide Unit of the Hot Sulphur Springs State Wildlife Area.
Wildlife officials say closing the range will allow contractors to work in safe conditions. As the project progresses, additional temporary closures are possible and range users are asked to observe signs and notices indicating when the range is closed.
Until the range is reopened, the public is advised to seek alternate shooting areas, such as the Blue Valley Sportsman Club located south of Kremmling. Interested people can learn about the club and memberships at http://www.bluevalleysportsmanclub.com
To find alternate ranges, visit http://www.wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/ShootingRanges/Pages/ShootingRanges.aspx
For more information about the Byers Canyon Rifle Range, contact Colorado Parks and Wildlife's Hot Sulphur Springs office at 970-725-6200.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Oct. 16 tax deadline creeping up on extension filers
- Veteran Army combat medic sprung into action when teenage girl fell from fourth-floor hotel balcony in Glenwood Springs
- Colorado doctor: Health effects of living in mountains unknown to medical establishment
- Mustangs complete third straight shutout in win over Rangely
- Cause now known for last week’s Broken Arrow Motel fire