Crankworx Colorado in Winter Park needs volunteers
July 13, 2008
One of the best ways to be a part of the freeride mountain bike action taking place during Crankworx Colorado, July 31 to Aug. 3, is to volunteer.
Close to the action, Crankworx Colorado volunteers will receive this year’s event T-shirt and a winter 2008/09 lift ticket for every six hours worked or an event T-shirt for partial shift work.
“Volunteers are essential to ensuring that all of the pieces of Crankworx Colorado come together,” said Bob Holme, Youth Marketing and Trestle Bike Park Manager.
“It’s also a great way to get in close to the action and earn free lift tickets.”
Current volunteer positions and availability for each include but are not limited to:
– Administration Support Crew (8) – functions as a liaison between staff, competitors and media. Assists with answering general questions and inquiries during the registration process.
Recommended Stories For You
– Venue Crew (10) – is responsible for assisting with the slopestyle venue set up,
maintenance and tear down.
– Trail Marshals (70) – responsibilities include helping at the start/finish areas and ensuring safe and correct travel on course by all competitors.
– Trail Support Crew (10) – this on-hill position is responsible for assisting with race venue set up, maintenance and tear down.
– Expo Crew (10) – ensures all aspects of the village Expo run smoothly. Volunteers assist with anything that may be required by the Expo participants, such as tent set up/tear down, garbage maintenance, recycling, and security.
– Logistics Assistants (10) – Responsible for ensuring volunteers for each day are checked in and out for their appropriate department and shift times.
Volunteers are encouraged to register online at http://www.crankworxcolorado.com.
Volunteers will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire that helps Winter Park Resort place them in the volunteer opportunity best suited to the individual’s talents. For more information, contact the Winter Park Competition Center at (970) 726-1590.
For more information on Crankworx Colorado, visit http://www.crankworxcolorado.com.