EGMS Cross Country teams place first at league meet
October 10, 2016
The East Grand Middle School Cross Country team completed their 2016 season by sweeping the Frontier League Meet Championship with two 1st place team finishes on Friday, October 7 in Bailey.
The girls’ team ran first competing against seven teams. They were led by Katie Trail (3rd place), Leah Cormican (5th place), Maddie Trail (7th place), and Cameryn Friesen (9th place) who together scored 24 points for the squad. Other runners placing high for the Cubs were Annika Stuart (12th), Maddie Ruttenberg (14th), Sylvia Brower (22nd), and Caitlyn Peterson (23rd).
There were eight teams in the boys’ race, and the EGMS boy runners were equally as powerful as the girls, finishing with 27 points. Alex Holinka led the team with an impressive first place finish overall. Kyle Vogelbacher (5th place), Ethan Ruttenberg (7th place) and Andy Troccoli (14th place) rounded out the scoring for the team. Corbin Solomon (15th), Guy Granger (19th), and Nick Forquer (20th) helped bring in the top seven with strong finishes as
Congratulations to all the Cub runners!
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16
- Texas teenager’s death at Winter Park Resort the state’s 5th skier death of year
- Winter Park man charged with vehicle theft
- Grand County vets fellowship with 21st century soliders at Warrior Bonfire Program
- Mother of child allegedly left on Granby Ranch lift rebuts denials