Fishing Report: Area lakes still hot
July 9, 2015
Area lakes are fishing great. As the lake trout move deeper they will still hit 2-5" jigs tipped with a small piece of sucker meat. Rainbows and browns are hitting small spoons near the shore in the evening. As the fish are rising, cast your spoons to their ring.
The rivers are dropping, dry flies will be a great option in the evening.
Grand Lake is fishing very well for 15-20" lake trout along with an occasional large fish. Browns are still cruising the shorelines, crank baits are working well.
Pike in Williams fork have been hitting topwater lures in the afternoon.
The fishing report is brought to you by "Fishing with Bernie" (www.fishingwithbernie.com).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Fraser mulls registration program for short-term rentals, sales tax drop
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots