Fishing with Bernie: ‘Don’t cast too far out to catch them’
May 1, 2014
The suckers are spawning in the muddy inlets, and worms on the bottom are catching lots of fish. The rivers are getting blown out, but Shadow Mountain spillway is still fishing well. Browns are hitting jerk baits while rainbows are eating small jigs tipped with wax worms. There is open water in spots along the edges of all the area lakes. Fish are cruising the shorelines, so don't cast too far out to catch them.
Bernie Keefe has been a fishing guide on the area lakes for over 15 years.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Winter Park man survives life-threatening heart condition
- Federal environmental study could bring big changes to Three Lakes System
- Grand County police blotter: Burned food at Granby senior center draws fire fighters
- De Vos: Thank God for Trump (column)
- Fraser River restoration project will get underway this summer