Fishing with Bernie: Handle large fish with much care
May 22, 2014
The ice is off our "lower" elevation lakes and fishing is excellent. This report covers Granby, Grand lake, Shadow Mountain, Wolford, Willow Creek, Williams Fork and Green Mountain reservoirs. Rainbows are close to the shore and hitting worms, power bait and numerous spoons and spinners. Browns are eating crank baits early and jigs tipped with 3" Gulp minnows once the sun comes up. Lake trout are eating cranbaits, swim baits and a large assortment of jigs. Please handle these larger fish with care, some can be over 40 years old and could use our protection. The rivers are running high but on cooler days have been very fishable. Large nymphs drifter near under cut banks have been working for some larger fish.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Winter Park man survives life-threatening heart condition
- Grand County police blotter: Burned food at Granby senior center draws fire fighters
- Federal environmental study could bring big changes to Three Lakes System
- Do we really need another watershed group in Grand County?
- Fraser River restoration project will get underway this summer