Former Grand County resident makes National Finals Rodeo
October 9, 2013
Sabrina Ketcham is joining the world's top 15 barrel racers to compete at the 2013 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo.
Ketcham got her start at the High Country Stampede Rodeo in Fraser as a child, eventually working her way to the professional level. A Grand County native for generations, she grew up on the historic Murphy Ranch, but moved to another family ranch in Yeso, N.M., about 15 years ago.
"(Professional) rodeo is a year-long event," Ketcham said. "We rodeoed all year, so to be part of top 15 is exciting, it's great."
The Wrangler National Finals begin on Dec. 5, with 10 rounds over 10 days. Local fans can track her progress at http://www.prorodeo.com.
Leia Larsen can be reached at 970-887-3334 ext. 19603.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- 3-vehicle collision blocks traffic on Berthoud Pass
- Man accidentally shoots himself outside of Winter Park Hotel
- Beware of local door-to-door magazine scam, sheriff warns
- No charges filed after car strikes pedestrian
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million