Fraser boarder wins gold in USASA halfpipe
April 13, 2011
Lydia Silber of Fraser took home the gold medal in the halfpipe at USASA Nationals at Copper Mountain. Her winning run included a front 3, a cab 3 and a variance of grabs consistently at the lip. Cambria Ordean of Park City, Utah, and Emilie-Kate Robinson Leith of Pennington, N.J., joined her on the podium.
The USASA Nationals is the largest snowboard and ski competition in the world, drawing 1,600 competitors for 10 days of action. Snowboarders competed from April 2-7 in five disciplines: slopestyle, halfpipe, boardercross, slalom, and giant slalom each day during the week.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Letter to the editor: Constitution Week and Sharia law