Fraser Kids Triathlon helps families afford sports fees
July 30, 2013
The 4th Annual Kids triathlon swim/bike/run held at the Grand Park Community Recreation Center and Grand Park Trails takes place on Sunday, Aug. 11. The recreation center has created a scholarship fund through the Fraser Valley Recreation Foundation called the Kids for Kids Scholarship, and all proceeds from the race will be donated directly to this scholarship fund. The race is designed to be a fun race for kids and to show them how they can participate in an event for a worthy cause. All of the proceeds of this race will be donated to the Kids for Kids Scholarship fund, which awards monies to youth in the county who need assistance paying their sports fees. Last year, the race generated $1,600 toward the cause. The goal this year is $2,000.
Those interested may sign up on active.com or by visiting the recreation center in Fraser.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Snow on the mountain: First snow covers Grand County’s peaks (with photo gallery)