Fraser Kids Triathlon helps families afford sports fees
July 30, 2013
The 4th Annual Kids triathlon swim/bike/run held at the Grand Park Community Recreation Center and Grand Park Trails takes place on Sunday, Aug. 11. The recreation center has created a scholarship fund through the Fraser Valley Recreation Foundation called the Kids for Kids Scholarship, and all proceeds from the race will be donated directly to this scholarship fund. The race is designed to be a fun race for kids and to show them how they can participate in an event for a worthy cause. All of the proceeds of this race will be donated to the Kids for Kids Scholarship fund, which awards monies to youth in the county who need assistance paying their sports fees. Last year, the race generated $1,600 toward the cause. The goal this year is $2,000.
Those interested may sign up on active.com or by visiting the recreation center in Fraser.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Blazing the trail: 68-year-old behind creation of River Ridge Trail in Fraser Valley
- Holzwarth history: 1920s-era dude ranch celebrates centennial in RMNP
- Get the golden ticket: Granby police award good citizens
- Sheriff recommends Grand County not implement fire restrictions
- Grand Lake bustles with Buffalo Days (with photo slideshow)