Graham wins elimination holes golf game
July 18, 2013
The Grand Lake Lady Tee Bags had the opportunity to eliminate three holes from their total game score on Tuesday, July 9. Prior to the day's play, each player could select three holes with the highest anticipated scores. At the end of the game those three holes were excluded from the total 18-hole score. Then after subtracting full handicap, Connie Graham was victorious with a score of 45, followed by Linda Appelhans, 48 and Mary Ann Montgomery in third place with a score of 51. Connie Graham had an unbelieveable two chip ins, the first on hole No. 2 followed directly with another on hole No. 3. Not to be undone, Kathee Johnson chipped in on hole No. 7. Low putts were a three-way tie between Jeannie Lucas, Connie Graham and Laura Summers all finishing with 32. And, adding to an already great day, Connie Graham recorded a birdie on hole No. 3.
The Grand Lake Nifty Niners played nine holes, totalling the par 4's only on the front nine and subtracting one-half their handicaps. Sharing first place with a score of 15 was Linda Gardner and Gladys Howard followed closely by Maureen Delsing and Vicki Nessan sharing second place with a score of 16 and coming in third place with a score of 17 was Margaret Nill. Gladys Howard was the sole winner in the low putts with a score of 15.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Family of 4 and dog dies in plane crash north of Glenwood Springs