Granby " Lucky day at Grand Elk begins with hole-in-one
August 24, 2008
Wednesday evening, Aug. 20, was an especially lucky day for Jim Glenn, broker/owner of local real estate firm, Glenn Realty.
Jim and friend, Dr. Larry Peterson, determined to get in some practice before an upcoming tournament, teed off around 5:15 p.m. “The weather was just perfect,” Jim said. “No wind, very calm.” The shot was made with a 6 iron on Hole No. 2 and traveled 168 yards. When the golfers arrived on the green, they looked all around, but no ball. “Larry and I looked at each other and said do you think it might be in the hole? Well, there it was.”
And that’s not all. Jim’s streak of luck continued with an eagle on Hole No. 4. “Those were my best holes ever. I might just never play again,” he quipped.
Also of note, this was not Jim’s first hole-in-one. His first was way back in 1983.
Ending a very satisfying day, Jim and Larry headed back to the Clubhouse after finishing 9 holes to celebrate with drinks all around. Congratulations, Jim.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Musings on avalanches, prevention and the unforgiving wild (column)
- Mustangs complete third straight shutout in win over Rangely
- BREAKING: Silverthorne man reported missing from Missouri Mountain
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Granby’s men’s indoor soccer league forming
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Will DeLay: Burgeoning football star, MPHS Homecoming King