Grand County women invited to Granby ‘Cast ‘N Blast’
June 13, 2013
- What: Women-only ‘Cast ‘N Blast’
- When: Saturday, June 22, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Granby, Colo.
- Contact: To pre-register and to receive directions, call 970-725-6200.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife manages 42 state parks, all of Colorado’s wildlife, more than 300 state wildlife areas and a host of recreational programs. To learn more, please visit cpw.state.co.us
GRANBY – Women interested in learning the basics of fly fishing, shotguns and proper firearm handling are invited to a women-only 'Cast 'N Blast' clinic in Granby, Saturday, June 22.
Designed for beginners, no experience or equipment is required. Participants are advised to dress for the elements and bring all necessary supplies, including water, insect repellent and sunscreen. Lunch, snacks and drinks will be provided.
The class costs $20 and pre-registration is required. Call Colorado Parks and Wildlife's Hot Sulphur Springs office at 970-725-6200. Space is limited and the seminar is expected to fill quickly.
Participants are reminded that the class is not a Hunter Education course, which is required to purchase a hunting license. To find a Hunter Education course, go to http://www.bit.ly/huntereducation, or call your local Colorado Parks and Wildlife office.
'Cast N Blast' is offered through Colorado Parks and Wildlife's Hunter Outreach Program. The program includes workshops, clinics, seminars and educational hunts that focus on teaching the skills, ethics and traditions of hunting to novice youth and women.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- De Vos: Thank God for Trump (column)
- Winter Park man survives life-threatening heart condition
- Federal environmental study could bring big changes to Three Lakes System
- Grand County police blotter: Burned food at Granby senior center draws fire fighters
- Fraser River restoration project will get underway this summer