Grand County’s frozen lakes are fishing well
January 15, 2015
Area lakes are completely frozen; please be very careful heading out during first ice.
Willow Creek and Wolford are fishing very well for rainbows and an occasional kokanee. The rainbow bite in all the lakes is best from first light till about 9 a.m. Lake trout in Williams Fork and Lake Granby are hitting a variety of soft plastic baits tipped with sucker meat.
Dillon reservoir is producing some nice browns and catchable rainbows near the shoreline while char are being caught in 35-50 feet of water.
This fishing report is brought to you by "Fishing with Bernie". Bernie Keefe has been guiding in the middle park are for over 20 years.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Family of 4 and dog dies in plane crash north of Glenwood Springs