Grand Lake hosts 3rd Annual Ice Fishing Contest, March 1-2
February 25, 2014
Rocky Mountain Outfitters, in coordination with the Grand Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, will be holding its 3rd Annual Ice Fishing Contest, this weekend, March 1-2. The contest will be a "catch and release" to ensure conservation of the local fish species native to Grand Lake. This thrilling contest takes place following the win of the "Ultimate Fishing Town of the Southwestern United States" for Grand Lake.
Contestants are invited to a Welcome Party at Pancho & Lefty's, where registration will also be open, at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 28. All contestants must attend in order to obtain their bib number and signal flag. The Sagebrush BBQ & Grill will also be hosting a Fisherman's Feast at 6 p.m., on Saturday, March 1.
Prizes to be awarded are: 1st Place, $1,000 x 3; 2nd Place, $500 x 3; 3rd Place, $300 x 3; 4th Place, $200 x 3; 5th Place, $100 x 3.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Sanders: Winter Park trails for fat biking, winter riding tips
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Rau: Nordic ski trails are free at Ski Granby Ranch
- Ski for Light draws skiers from across the U.S.
- Fraser Valley Hockey Association hopes to cool things down at IceBox rink
- Winter Park man survives life-threatening heart condition
- Federal environmental study could bring big changes to Three Lakes System
- Grand County police blotter: Burned food at Granby senior center draws fire fighters
- Grand County coroner releases cause of death for Winter Park Resort skier
- Fraser River restoration project will get underway this summer