Grand Lake hosts 3rd Annual Ice Fishing Contest, March 1-2
February 25, 2014
Rocky Mountain Outfitters, in coordination with the Grand Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, will be holding its 3rd Annual Ice Fishing Contest, this weekend, March 1-2. The contest will be a "catch and release" to ensure conservation of the local fish species native to Grand Lake. This thrilling contest takes place following the win of the "Ultimate Fishing Town of the Southwestern United States" for Grand Lake.
Contestants are invited to a Welcome Party at Pancho & Lefty's, where registration will also be open, at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 28. All contestants must attend in order to obtain their bib number and signal flag. The Sagebrush BBQ & Grill will also be hosting a Fisherman's Feast at 6 p.m., on Saturday, March 1.
Prizes to be awarded are: 1st Place, $1,000 x 3; 2nd Place, $500 x 3; 3rd Place, $300 x 3; 4th Place, $200 x 3; 5th Place, $100 x 3.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Oct. 16 tax deadline creeping up on extension filers
- Veteran Army combat medic sprung into action when teenage girl fell from fourth-floor hotel balcony in Glenwood Springs
- Colorado doctor: Health effects of living in mountains unknown to medical establishment
- Mustangs complete third straight shutout in win over Rangely
- Cause now known for last week’s Broken Arrow Motel fire