Grand Lake ladies golfers round out championship
August 20, 2009
The Ladies of the Grand Lake Golf Course Nifty Niners played a nine hole round Tuesday, Aug. 18, with the top four places going to Vicki Nessan, net 18; Nancy Smith, net 19; Jan Jackson, net 21; and rounding out the top four, Gladys Howard with a net score of 22. It was a fun game of “Take Away” allowing players to eliminate the scores of their two worst holes. Sharon Peterson parred hole #3 and Jan Jackson parred hole #4.
Tuesday was the final day of a two -day Championship and President’s Cup Tournament for the Ladies of the Grand Lake Tee Bags. After 36 holes of play, Lorraine Johnson was awarded the Ladies Club Championship with a gross score of 169. Following Lorraine in 1st place was Jeanne Lucas, with a gross score of 209; 2nd place was awarded to Ivy Howard, gross score 212. Marilyn Nosbish won this year’s President’s Cup netting a two day score of 141; 1st place was won by Carolyn Moore, net 146 and Tina Hull followed closely in 2nd place with a net score of 149.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law