Grand Lake Women’s Golf, Nifty Niners play final round
September 20, 2016
Under the backdrop of the Aspen leaves morphing from green to glorious golds, oranges and reds the Grand Lake Women's Golf Association and the Nifty Niners from the Grand Lake Golf Course joined together for a Season Closing Scramble and luncheon. With two players from the 18-hole group and two players from the 9-hole group to form each team, the first place winners were Margaret Nill, Phyllis Stephens, Jane Demrow and Jean Klanica. Second place went to Laura Summers, Vicki Nessan, Linda Appelhans and Sue Rogers. Following the 18-hole Scramble the women were treated to a delicious luncheon in the Sly Fox Restaurant at the Grand Lake Golf Course. Any ladies who are interested in playing either 9 holes or 18 holes of golf on Tuesday mornings in the 2017 season are encouraged to call the Grand Lake Golf Course Pro Shop at 970-627-8008 for more information."
An Unplayable Lie
Phyllis Stephens and Margaret Nill each had incredible unplayables resting on the branches of pine trees at the Grand Lake Golf Course costing them a one stroke penalty. A remarkable memory for the 2016 season.
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16
- Texas teenager’s death at Winter Park Resort the state’s 5th skier death of year
- Winter Park man charged with vehicle theft
- Grand County vets fellowship with 21st century soldiers at Warrior Bonfire Program
- Mother of child allegedly left on Granby Ranch lift rebuts denials