Grinnel’s Cheyenne Hickox named to 2012 all-MWC vollyball team
November 15, 2012
GRINNELL- Grinnell College’s Cheyenne Hickox, 15, Granby, has been named to the All-Midwest Conference Volleyball Team for the 2012 campaign.
Hickox, a 6-0 middle hitter, was named to the second team. She led the Pioneers in conference matches with a .295 attack percentage while ranking second on her squad in kills per set (2.31) and blocks per set (0.75).
Her best match came in a victory at Beloit College where she broke a MWC record by recording a .933 attack percentage, pounding down 14 kills on 15 attempts with no errors. That erased the previous league mark of .871 and was just shy of the NCAA Division III record of .941.
Hickox helped the Pioneers to a strong finish in MWC play, as they won three of their final four matches to finish with a 5-5 mark.
Conference champion Cornell College swept individual honors, as Kathleen O’Connor was named MWC Player of the Year and Jeff Meeker was tabbed Coach of the Year.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- Fraser mulls registration program for short-term rentals, sales tax drop
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots