High altitude half marathon benefits the Shining Stars Foundation
June 14, 2013
WINTER PARK – Shining Stars Foundation is hosting the Winter Park Half Marathon on June 29, 2013.
Open to athletes of all levels, the course will take place almost entirely on remote dirt roads with spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains. It is a single loop course beginning at approximately 8,700 feet and traveling above 9,500 feet. Climbs and descents are fairly mellow for a mountain race, but still offer a challenge. At least four aid stations will be on course complete with water, sports drinks and food.
There are many Sponsorship opportunities still available, both cash and in-kind. All proceeds benefit the Shining Starts Foundation, bringing hope to children with cancer or other life threatening illnesses.
Sponsorship packets, sponsor registration and competitor registration can be found at online at http://www.shiningstarsfoundation.org, or by contacting the Shining Stars office at 970-726-8009 or Race@ShiningStarsFoundation.org.
Discounts are available for Grand County residents and for signing up multiple competitors. The Pinnacle Lodge in Fraser is offering lodging packages for racers.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Blazing the trail: 68-year-old behind creation of River Ridge Trail in Fraser Valley
- Get the golden ticket: Granby police award good citizens
- Holzwarth history: 1920s-era dude ranch celebrates centennial in RMNP
- Sheriff recommends Grand County not implement fire restrictions
- Grand Lake bustles with Buffalo Days (with photo slideshow)