Middle Park girls finish second at Eldora
January 29, 2009
Middle Park High skier Khyla Burrows had the fastest time out of 73 starters at the Eldora Alpine ski race, where the Panther girls took second place Jan. 23.
Burrows’ times of 52.56 and 50.99 gave her a combination time of 1:43.55. In fifth place was Panther Rylee Burrows with a 54.29 and 52.88 to give her a final time of 1:47.17. Panther Kristina Krone took sixth place with a 54.32 and 52.96, and combination time of 1:47.28. In seventh was Tracie Kroneberger a 55.18 and 52.40 gave her a combination time of 1:47.58.
Next in eighth place was Sarah Williams with a 55.00, 53.01 and 1:48.01 combination time. Taylor Grauer’s two times of 56.60 and 55.40 gave her a combination time of 1:52.00, putting her in 11th place. Hannah Davidson took 33rd place with a 1:06.04, 1:02.88 and combination time of 2:08.92. Suzannah Mikol came in 40th place with a 1:09.70, 1:04.95 and combination time of 2:14.65. Brenna Dee took 64th place with a 1:39.62, 1:47.97 and combination time of 3:27.59.
Evergreen High School had 21 participants and came in first place with 174 points, Middle Park placed second with 171 points; Battle Mountain came in third with 153 points, Nederland High came in fourth place with 150 points; Vail Christian High School came in fifth place with 135 points; and Vail Mountain High School came in sixth place with 101 points.
Middle Park Alpine skier Nick Stenicka took first place at the race in Eldora Jan. 23.
Recommended Stories For You
His two times of 51.86 and 49.49 gave him a combination time of 1:41.35, and put him ahead of 60 other racers.
In eighth place was the Panther’s Hans Berggren with times of 56.02 and 54.69; and a 1:50.71 combination time. Nick Isaacs and Jake Charland from Middle Park did not finish.
Two teams tied for first place with 165 points, Battle Mountain High School with 21 teammates and Nederland High School with 12 racers. In second place was Evergreen High School with 162 points. They had 20 people to compete in the race.
Vail Christian High came in third place with 144 points. Middle Park came in fourth place with 113 points. Eldora and Vail Mountain did not place because they didn’t meet team requirements.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Musings on avalanches, prevention and the unforgiving wild (column)
- Mustangs complete third straight shutout in win over Rangely
- BREAKING: Silverthorne man reported missing from Missouri Mountain
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Granby’s men’s indoor soccer league forming
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water