Myers named WCC Player of the Week
November 10, 2009
University of San Diego volleyball player Kelsi Myers of Winter Park was recently named the West Coast Conference (WCC) player of the week.
A 5 foot, 8 inch junior setter, Myers is the daughter of Jim and Lori Myers.
She was named player of the week Oct.19 after helping the Torereos beat top-seeded St. Mary’s College, breaking that team’s five-match winning streak.
She is ranked second in the nation for assists, averaging 12.16 per set with 912 assists this season (as of Nov. 2), and has led her team to the top of the ranks for overall assists in the WCC.
Myers has scored four triple doubles this season, including 12 digs and 48 assists at Long Beach State Aug. 28., 15 digs and 68 assists versus UC Irvine Sept. 17, 14 digs and 52 assists versus Saint Mary’s Oct. 17. and 13 digs and 51 assists at Portland Oct. 24.
She has helped the Toreros to an overall percentage of .750, putting them in second place in the WCC behind Saint Mary’s with a 15-5 record. There are five games left to play in the regular season.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Oct. 16 tax deadline creeping up on extension filers
- Veteran Army combat medic sprung into action when teenage girl fell from fourth-floor hotel balcony in Glenwood Springs
- Colorado doctor: Health effects of living in mountains unknown to medical establishment
- Mustangs complete third straight shutout in win over Rangely
- Cause now known for last week’s Broken Arrow Motel fire