Nordic wrap up from Howelsen Hill
February 7, 2017
The Winter Park Competition Center Nordic Team raced at Howelsen Hill in Steamboat Springs during the weekend of January 28 and 29. Saturday featured a very cold skate sprint day with qualifiers and heats. The whole team advanced into the quarterfinals.
Final results included Sierra Smith in 19th and Theo Loo in 21st. Sunday warmed up a little bit with a challenging 10k individual start classic race for both men and women 16 years and older. Tyler Scholl finished in 8th, followed by Theo Loo in 21st. Sierra Smith finished in 21st for the women. Sage Michel finished 16th in the girls 5k and Sebastian Brower was 17th in the boys 5k. Sylvia Brower, Amelia Carson, Christoff Zimmerman, and Adrien Brower all finished successfully in their races too. The team makes the long trek to Durango for their next race weekend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Grand County police blotter, Oct. 12 – Oct. 18: Horse falls out of trailer; nobody stops for accident victim
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors