NSCD receives 2014 Daniels Fund Grant
December 17, 2013
The National Sports Center for the Disabled announced today that it has received a $43,500 Daniels Fund grant for 2014. The Daniels Fund grant will be used to purchase equipment for the Center's participants with physical disabilities.
"This grant will enable the NSCD to purchase equipment for ducky (inflatable) kayaking, cycling, skiing, snowboarding and ski biking. With the addition of this equipment, the NSCD will be able to serve more people with physical disabilities in Colorado," said Becky Zimmermann, president and CEO of National Sports Center for the Disabled. "The equipment we use must ensure the very best safety, comfort and mobility. Determining the appropriate equipment for people with physical disabilities and adjusting it properly will, to a large extent, determine the success of a program and reaching an individual's therapeutic goals."
The grant will also help the Center purchase water sports equipment (kayaks, life vests and helmets) and winter equipment (skis, boards, boots and bindings, as well as ski bikes).
Bill Daniels, a pioneer in cable television known for his kindness and generosity to those in need, established the Daniels Fund to provide grants and scholarships in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. For more information, visit http://www.danielsfund.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Police ID man who died in crash south of Kremmling; criminal charges follow for driver
- UPDATED: Police ID man that died after crashing into heavy machinery along Highway 40
- Third crash in Grand County this week claims life of man, 27
- Grand County police blotter: Bears, moose on the loose; Free Masons ‘following’ man
- Grand County police blotter: Snoozing outside McDonald’s; doing drugs in bathrooms