January 6, 2017
Visually impaired skier Todd Taylor from Salt Lake, Todd's guide Nick Manely from Denver and Julio Soto from Chile enjoy some free skiing on the Hughes Trail at Winter Park Resort after their Giant Slalom race was cancelled due to heavey snowfall on Thursday, Janurary 5. The Winter Park Open, hosted by the National Sports Center for the Disabled, is scheduled to continue on Friday with a Super G race. The race inludes some of the best disabled athletes from around the world.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Sanders: Winter Park trails for fat biking, winter riding tips
- Cirque Sled offers faster easier access to Winter Park’s side-country
- Rau: Nordic ski trails are free at Ski Granby Ranch
- Ski for Light draws skiers from across the U.S.
- Fraser Valley Hockey Association hopes to cool things down at IceBox rink
- Winter Park man survives life-threatening heart condition
- Federal environmental study could bring big changes to Three Lakes System
- Grand County police blotter: Burned food at Granby senior center draws fire fighters
- Grand County coroner releases cause of death for Winter Park Resort skier
- Fraser River restoration project will get underway this summer