Sweden’s Martin Soderstrom Wins the 2013 Colorado Freeride Festival Slopestyle at Winter Park Resort
July 30, 2013
WINTER PARK — In front of a huge throng of onlookers, Sweden's Martin Soderstrom dazzled the fans and the judges en route to dominating score of 94.6 points and a 2013 Colorado Freeride Festival Slopestyle championship on Saturday at Winter Park Resort.
After Soderstrom, the results were extremely tight, with four riders finishing within 0.6 points of each other. Germany's Peter Henke finished second with a score of 91.6, while Anton Thelander of Sweden came in third with a score of 91.4. Fourth place belonged to Belgium's Thomas Genon with a mark of 91.3 and coming in fifth was Sam Pilgrm from Great Britain, who scored 91.0. Of the 16 riders in the finals,13 hailed from foreign countries, with representatives from as far away as France, Czech Republic and Scotland.
French dominate Men's enduro
Frenchman Jerome Clementz, who is the top-ranked Enduro rider in the world, went wire-to-wire to claim the Pro Open Men's Enduro World Series title with a total time of 41:12.455 over all five stages. In fact, it was a good weekend overall for the Tricolore, as each of the top three overall finishers hailed from France. In the Pro Open Women's category, world number-one Tracy Moseley from the United Kingdom earned the top prize with a total five-stage time of 45:45:847.
Slopestyle Finals Results
1. Martin Soderstrom (SWE), 94.6; 2. Peter Henke (GER), 91.6; 3. Anton Thelander, (SWE), 91.4; 4. Thomas Genon (BEL), 91.3; 5. Sam Pilgrim (GBR), 91.0
Enduro Final Results
1. Jerome Clementz, 41:12.455; 2. Nicolas Voulloz, 41;49.940; 3. Fabien Barel, 41:54.121; 4. Aaron Bradford, 42:08.418; 5. Rene Wildhaber, 42:11.045
1. Tracy Moseley, 45:45.847; 2. Anne Caroline Chausson, 46:24.508; 3. Anneke Beerten, 47:40.251; 4. Ines Thoma, 48:13.541; 5. Rosara Joseph, 48:14.536
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Local electric company considers becoming area internet service provider
- CASA names new director
- School Board reviews salaries, approves curriculum
- Snow forecast falls short for Grand County as winter storm winds down (with photo gallery)
- CDOT exploring project to reduce congestion on westbound I-70 corridor