The Icebox is open
December 7, 2016
The Icebox ice rink announced their opening on Dec. 5 following some much-needed cold weather in Grand County. The Icebox crew has been working hard to lay ice and open the rink for the past week, and now the time has come.
The first day of skating had two stick-and-puck open-ice times and a Fraser Valley Hockey Association practice. The second stick-and-puck had about 20 skaters, and everyone was excited to finally lace up and take the ice.
Those interested in playing in the adult hockey leagues can show their skills on Dec. 7 from 8-10 p.m. Captains will look for free agent players as well as any new players that want to join a team.
On Friday, Dec. 9 from 8-10 p.m. all players ages 40 and up interested in a hockey league are encouraged to go play, as the teams will begin to form. Draft format is based on each player's ability. This league will skate on Friday nights and replace the ages 35 and up drop-in league.
The full Icebox schedule can be found at http://www.fraservalleyrec.org/ice-rink-schedules and hockey schedules can be found at fraservalleyhockey.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Grand County police blotter, Oct. 12 – Oct. 18: Horse falls out of trailer; nobody stops for accident victim
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors