Trout, trout, trout
March 7, 2014
The slush is here and very bad in spots but it is getting a little better. I would not advise ATVs.The rainbows are moving towards their spawning areas and will be hitting well at Willow Creek, the pump canal and Wolford. The spillway below Shadow Mountain Reservoir is giving up brown trout on worms drifted deep in the current and crank baits fished slow along the current seams. There are a lot of trout along the shorelines in the deeper reservoirs. The Kokanee in Wolford are hitting down by the dam in the old river channel. Lakers in Granby and Williams Fork are biting very good on small jigs like gulp minnows tipped with sucker meat.
Bernie Keefe has been a fishing guide on Lake Granby for over 15 years.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments