Weekend High School Sports Results
November 10, 2009
The Middle Park volleyball team advanced to the state volleyball tournament for the first time in five years by finishing second in region A in Colorado Springs on Saturday. The Lady Panthers will face Eaton in their first match of pool play on Friday at approximately 11 a.m. at the Denver Coliseum. Middle Park will then take on Valley late in the afternoon. The sixth-seeded Lady Panthers final pool match will be against St. Mary’s midday on Saturday. The top two teams from each of the two pools will advance to the semi-finals.
The Middle Park football team lost their final game of the season 46-28 against Pinnacle on Saturday night in Northglenn at Five Star Stadium. The Panthers (1-9) were led by Marc Schmidt with 131 rushing yards and one touchdown and Ben Shipman added 91 yards on the ground and two touchdowns.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Grand County police blotter, Oct. 12 – Oct. 18: Horse falls out of trailer; nobody stops for accident victim
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Driver in fatal crash south of Kremmling to appear in court on multiple felonies
- New ‘destination’ light show planned to brighten downtown Winter Park