West Grand Wrestlers
February 2, 2012
The West Grand grapplers spent some time on the road last week as they traveled to Saratoga, Wyo., during the week and to Center on Saturday for the tough Valley Tournament.
In Saratoga, the team members accumulated a record of 10 wins and 12 losses in individual matches. Austin Faeth (126 pounds) led the way with a 3-1 record at the quad meet hosted by the Wyoming school.
The Valley Tournament is always extremely competitive and features several state-ranked wrestlers. Faeth and Daniel Terwilliger (120 pounds) both earned fifth-place finishes in their respective divisions. Cole Tracy earned one victory in the 113 pound class to earn the only other match victory for the Mustangs.
The team has one more quad meet in Meeker on Feb. 4 prior to the regional tournament in Grand Junction. Each wrestler must place fourth or higher at the regional tournament to qualify for the state tournament in Denver.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law