Wilderman receives top honors at Division 1 National Championships
November 10, 2009
Sage Wilderman, whose parents own the Rocky Mountain Roastery and Totally Wired Cyclery in Fraser, earned top finishes in the U.S. Collegiate Mountain Bike National Championships near Truckee, Calif., in October.
A student at Fort Lewis College, Wilderman posted the fastest result in the downhill race of the competition and received top honors among Division I women for earning 473 points in the Individual Omnium, according to http://www.cyclingnews.com.
Fort Lewis College clinched the Division 1 National Championships with a total of 671 points over the weekend, beating out its closest rival, the University of Colorado.
Up next for the Fort Lewis College team is the USA Cycling Cyclocross National Championships in Oregon in December.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law
- Massive trail revamping begins in Fraser Valley: Project working on 38 trail developments
- Family of 4 and dog dies in plane crash north of Glenwood Springs