Winter Park celebrates last blast of summer with Trestle Mountain Bike Festival
September 11, 2008
In celebration of its extended summer season, Winter Park Resort will host the Trestle Mountain Bike Festival this weekend featuring live music, bike demos, the Junior Downhill Gravity Camp, huge savings on gear at the Sidewalk Sale, and the Super Downhill Race.
Saturday, Winter Park’s Ride School is presenting a downhill mountain bike experience exclusively for junior riders. The weekend is designed to take your child’s riding to the next level with top-notch coaches covering everything from fundamental skill development to trail-riding. Students will work in small groups for six hours a day while working directly with Kona Bike’s Willy Warren and his all-star coaching staff.
On Sunday, the Winter Park Competition Center has added one more non-series race to the roster. The Super Downhill Race presents a chance to race on the same Crankworx course the pros use. First-timers or young racers are encouraged to check out the shorter version of this famous course.
Pre-registration is $35 or $45 day-of for adults, juniors ages 18 and under receive $10 off registration fee. Event registration includes all day access to Trestle Bike Park. Visit the events page at http://www.winterparkresort.com for full details and registration.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Grand County police blotter, Oct. 12 – Oct. 18: Horse falls out of trailer; nobody stops for accident victim
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Driver in fatal crash south of Kremmling to appear in court on multiple felonies
- New ‘destination’ light show planned to brighten downtown Winter Park