Winter Park delays opening until Nov. 15
November 13, 2014
WINTER PARK – Winter Park Resort will open its 75th anniversary season on Saturday, Nov. 15, at 8:30 a.m.
With snow and colder temperatures in the forecast, postponing the resort's opening from the scheduled date of Nov. 12 allows Winter Park's snowmaking and slope maintenance crews three extra days to make sure skiing/riding conditions are up to the quality visitors expect from Winter Park Resort on opening day, according to resort officials.
The three extra days also builds the anticipation for what promises to be a sensational 75th season at Winter Park. For more information, visit http://www.winterparkresort.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Letter to the editor: Constitution Week and Sharia law