Winter Park’s Irving posts double win on national tour
January 29, 2015
Birk Irving of Winter Park won both the mens halfpipe and slopestyle competitions on Wednesday at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Pa., competing at the second stop of the U.S. Revolution Tour, according to http://usfreeskiing.com/.
The 15-year-old rookie team rider dominated the 22-foot halfpipe, posting the two highest scores of the day and landing a switch cork 900 for the first time, according to the website. On the slopestyle course, Irving linked a switch rightside 900 to a leftside double 1260 to ice his win.
"It's crazy to think about sweeping pipe and slope, because last year I was just doing 360s. This year, just being able to put down a run and contend with all the other athletes is just crazy," Irving told http://usfreeskiing.com/.
Irving has been on the US Ski Team since last year. He attends Middle Park High School.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law