Fraser man found dead while camping
October 26, 2016
A man was found dead on Oct. 25 at a camp site on Vasquez Road in Winter Park.
Mark Albrecht, 55, was reported deceased near his tent where he was camping for a few days with a friend; he lived in Fraser, according to Chief Glen Trainor of the Fraser/Winter Park Police.
The Grand County Coroner’s Office believes he died from a combination of alcohol intoxication and exposure on Oct. 25.
There was no trauma to the body so an autopsy will not be performed.
Albrecht has lived in the Fraser Valley for several years and was well known, said Trainor.
“He struggled with alcoholism but was a really great guy.”
Trending In: Priority
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16
- Texas teenager’s death at Winter Park Resort the state’s 5th skier death of year
- Winter Park man charged with vehicle theft
- Grand County vets fellowship with 21st century soliders at Warrior Bonfire Program
- Mother of child allegedly left on Granby Ranch lift rebuts denials