Fraser man found dead while camping
October 26, 2016
A man was found dead on Oct. 25 at a camp site on Vasquez Road in Winter Park.
Mark Albrecht, 55, was reported deceased near his tent where he was camping for a few days with a friend; he lived in Fraser, according to Chief Glen Trainor of the Fraser/Winter Park Police.
The Grand County Coroner's Office believes he died from a combination of alcohol intoxication and exposure on Oct. 25.
There was no trauma to the body so an autopsy will not be performed.
Albrecht has lived in the Fraser Valley for several years and was well known, said Trainor.
"He struggled with alcoholism but was a really great guy."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Priority
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Letter to the editor: Constitution Week and Sharia law