Small fire burning one acre on USFS land
October 23, 2016
A small fire is burning an estimated one acres near the Jackson/Grand County line off of Forest Service Road 107 near the base of Haystack Mountain, said Lieutenant Dan Mayer with the Grand County Sheriff’s Office.
Smoke was visible from the Granby and Kremmling areas, but has since dissipated or laid down into the valleys the evening of October 22. Jackson County Fire is also responding to the area.
This fire is US Forest Service land and will be handled under Federal Jurisdiction and Guidelines.
The fire was officially reported on Oct. 22 at 1:52 p.m. The Grand County Sheriff’s Office received a call of a wildfire burning at the base of Sheep Mountain near the East Fork of the Troublesome at the head of the Timber Creek Drainage. The Sheriff’s Office, Granby Fire, and Kremmling Fire responded with fire crews attempting to access the area from Highway 125 and County Road 2.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Priority
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Controversial speaker during Constitution Week talks Islam, Sharia Law