Small fire burning one acre on USFS land
October 23, 2016
A small fire is burning an estimated one acres near the Jackson/Grand County line off of Forest Service Road 107 near the base of Haystack Mountain, said Lieutenant Dan Mayer with the Grand County Sheriff’s Office.
Smoke was visible from the Granby and Kremmling areas, but has since dissipated or laid down into the valleys the evening of October 22. Jackson County Fire is also responding to the area.
This fire is US Forest Service land and will be handled under Federal Jurisdiction and Guidelines.
The fire was officially reported on Oct. 22 at 1:52 p.m. The Grand County Sheriff’s Office received a call of a wildfire burning at the base of Sheep Mountain near the East Fork of the Troublesome at the head of the Timber Creek Drainage. The Sheriff’s Office, Granby Fire, and Kremmling Fire responded with fire crews attempting to access the area from Highway 125 and County Road 2.
Trending In: Priority
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16
- Texas teenager’s death at Winter Park Resort the state’s 5th skier death of year
- Winter Park man charged with vehicle theft
- Grand County vets fellowship with 21st century soliders at Warrior Bonfire Program
- Mother of child allegedly left on Granby Ranch lift rebuts denials