In the spotlight | 2018 Best cross-country skiing: Snow Mountain Ranch
October 26, 2018
Grand County residents have plenty of options when it comes to cross-country skiing, but for many locals, YMCA of the Rockies – Snow Mountain Ranch holds a special place in their hearts.
Snow Mountain Ranch, located south of Granby just off U.S. Highway 40, is one of Grand County's most popular destinations in both summer and winter. The large resort property features an array of activity choices from hiking and miniature golf to ice-skating and cross-country skiing. Snow Mountain Ranch boasts over 120 kilometers of world-class Nordic skiing trails set against a picturesque backdrop of the Arapaho National Forest.
Snow Mountain Ranch offers something for every skill level, from beginner's loops near the property's Nordic Center, to expert trails with steep climbs. The property also offers equipment rentals, for both Nordic skis and snowshoes. They also offer Nordic ski lessons for both groups and individuals. The Nordic Center also features a full-service ski shop offering gear and apparel.
Snow Mountain Ranch's Nordic trails also serve as the training grounds for both the East Grand Middle School and Middle Park High School Cross-Country ski teams.
Trending In: Best of Grand 2017
- Parshall woman pleads guilty to stealing over $12,000 from City Market
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Grand County
- Grand County police blotter, Feb. 15-16: Parking too close; stealing electricity
- Grand Lake man faces litany of physical, sexual assault felony charges
- County envisions major airport expansion project