In the spotlight | 2018 Best romantic spot: Historic Rapids Lodge & Restaurant
October 26, 2018
With over 100 years of history, an unbeatable view and a fine dining menu, the Historic Rapids Lodge is the epitome of romantic.
The restaurant at the lodge prides itself on its high-quality food, the care they take with preparation and creating a presentation on the plate, which helps make the dining experience a unique one for every guest.
"It's an especially excellent restaurant because of the quality of food, the presentation of the food and the atmosphere," said lodging manager Carol Silk. "The historic nature appeals to a lot of people, as well."
Dinner offers something for any taste with a selection ranging from steaks to seafood to game. To accompany the entrees, the lodge also offers a comprehensive wine list and desserts to share — or not.
The dining room ambiance also doesn't disappoint for date night or special celebrations thanks to low lighting, red rose centerpieces and luxurious decor.
"We are definitely unique in our ambiance," Silk said. "Because we are a historic lodge and we have that kind of ambiance with the fireplaces and the river view and the antiques and so on that create a really unique environment."
Having several wins in this category under its belt, Silk said shows that the staff is consistent and enthusiastic about providing quality service and food.
Trending In: Best of Grand 2017
- Winter Park Resort opens season strong with most snow in a decade (with video)
- Local authorities release additional details in last week’s fatal shooting
- Police arrest 2 in connection with making $1,400 in fraudulent purchases at Granby businesses
- Drink it up: Winter Park Resort commemorates new gondola with one-of-a-kind tequila by Patrón
- Grand County police blotter, Nov. 13-14: SOS from J.W.