In the spotlight | 2018 Best sushi: Pepe Osaka’s
October 26, 2018
Sushi in the mountains? Not many people would blame you for being skeptical, but Pepe Osaka's is here to challenge that idea.
With a unique variety of tacos, sushi, appetizers and cocktails, including the best margaritas in the county, it's definitely a stand out.
The owners of Pepe Osaka's also formerly owned the only sushi bar in the county, so they know what they are doing and aren't afraid to experiment with new ideas. And the seafood is always fresh.
"People love the tuna here," said head server Angela Peppin. "The kitchen staff is always trying new flavor combinations, working with different flavor profiles. The bar staff is always coming up with new concoctions and cocktails."
Known for their taco and seafood crossovers, hungry guests can have their sushi favorites in surprising new ways like spicy tuna tacos or ahi poke ceviche or a sushi burrito, with more options available on their new weekday hybrid-sushi menu.
"I feel people really enjoy the option of foods here because it is on the lighter side, when you eat it, it doesn't weigh you down," Peppin said. "There's no need to add pepper or salt to the plates ever."
The atmosphere of the cozy restaurant matches the uniqueness of the flavors served there, with fun ocean and skull decorations, a fish tank and colorful neon lighting.
Trending In: Best of Grand 2017
- Winter Park Resort opens season strong with most snow in a decade (with video)
- Local authorities release additional details in last week’s fatal shooting
- Police arrest 2 in connection with making $1,400 in fraudulent purchases at Granby businesses
- Drink it up: Winter Park Resort commemorates new gondola with one-of-a-kind tequila by Patrón
- Grand County police blotter, Nov. 13-14: SOS from J.W.