In the spotlight | 2018 Best sushi: Pepe Osaka’s
October 26, 2018
Sushi in the mountains? Not many people would blame you for being skeptical, but Pepe Osaka's is here to challenge that idea.
With a unique variety of tacos, sushi, appetizers and cocktails, including the best margaritas in the county, it's definitely a stand out.
The owners of Pepe Osaka's also formerly owned the only sushi bar in the county, so they know what they are doing and aren't afraid to experiment with new ideas. And the seafood is always fresh.
"People love the tuna here," said head server Angela Peppin. "The kitchen staff is always trying new flavor combinations, working with different flavor profiles. The bar staff is always coming up with new concoctions and cocktails."
Known for their taco and seafood crossovers, hungry guests can have their sushi favorites in surprising new ways like spicy tuna tacos or ahi poke ceviche or a sushi burrito, with more options available on their new weekday hybrid-sushi menu.
"I feel people really enjoy the option of foods here because it is on the lighter side, when you eat it, it doesn't weigh you down," Peppin said. "There's no need to add pepper or salt to the plates ever."
The atmosphere of the cozy restaurant matches the uniqueness of the flavors served there, with fun ocean and skull decorations, a fish tank and colorful neon lighting.
Trending In: Best of Grand 2017
- UPDATED: Skier dies after striking tree at Ski Granby Ranch
- WATCH: Video captures moose chasing skiers Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Ride the Rockies bicycle tour won’t be returning to Grand County this year
- Warrants issued after 2 in Grand Lake burglary ring case fail to appear in court
- Grand County real estate transactions, from Jan. 13-19