Cello Club announces farewell concert
July 28, 2015
The Grand County Cello Club "Cellobration" will present one last free concert on Friday, July 31,at 7 p.m. at St. John's Episcopal Church before members disappear to California, Indiana and Salida.
The group was formed in early 2008 by Roger Shaw and his students. It has been meeting almost weekly since and has developed into a stable group worth hearing. For the past several years Michele Simmons, Lisa VonderHaar, DeVonna Wolfe and Shaw have enjoyed working together to steadily improve in all aspects of ensemble playing.
Their repertoire is wide ranging, including a John Phillip Sousa march, a rumba, the Prayer from Hansel & Gretel, a Charleston, I Feel Pretty from West Side Story, a symphonic excerpt, God Bless America, a hymn tune or two and much more. If you enjoy hearing a cello, come and find out how rich four of them sound together.
Comments from a recent program presented at Cliffview Assisted Living Center included "You folks can come ANY time." And "Ah, that's one of the GOOD groups."
Trending In: Entertainment
- Winter Park Resort wakes up to a foot of fresh powder, but still seriously behind 10-year average
- Police search and seize black market marijuana operation in Granby
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Prior child sexual assault conviction becomes issue for Kremmling trustee candidate
- Federal, state, local authorities work together to avoid catastrophe at Green Mountain Reservoir