Explore Granby History
May 5, 2016
Kick-off summer with your own copy of the unique history book, Around Granby, written by local historian, Penny Rafferty Hamilton, Ph.D., in co-operation with the Grand County Historical Association. Learn more about Granby's history beginning in the late 1800s. Did you know that the Moffat train arrived in Granby in 1905 and that the railroad named the town and streets? The real estate company they formed sold Granby lots to the new settlers to build a vibrant community which continues to the present day.
Author book signings are planned 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 21 at Country Ace Hardware. City Market will host a two-day Explore Granby History author book signing from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, May 27 and Saturday, May 28.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Suspected pipe bombs found during traffic stop near Grand Lake
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- (CORRECTED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Grand County athletes return home as Paralympic Games conclude; part-time local resident captures gold in men’s slalom