Grand County Artist: Bonnie Quillen
August 9, 2016
What is your day like when you are working on your art?
Painting for me is unpredictable. Sometimes I will start early or maybe not till noon. Working on art every weekday is the goal but life does have a way of messing with that. Landscapes, flowers, gardens and commissioned paintings are frequent subjects for my oil painting. Having brainstormed ideas for years it is harder to decide which idea to work on than getting out the paints! Break for lunch, most certainly. I can't paint if my stomach is talking to me. Anything will do as long as it is quick so I can get back to it. If I need a break just walking outside clears my head and I can get back to painting with fresh eyes. Marketing is the hard part. So help me out and come see my show at the Granby Library now through September. http://www.bonniequillen.com.
What is the best part of being an artist in Grand County?
Meeting artist friends through "Art Out of Thin Air" and getting out to paint with them has been one of the best parts. The other is the endless beauty of the area: old barns, great fishing holes, mountain vistas and wonderful hiking trails that lead to discoveries of creeks, wild flowers and high altitude lakes.
Trending In: Entertainment
- (UPDATED) Registered sex offender running for office in Kremmling
- POLICE: Recent debit card fraud in Fraser Valley originated locally
- Riverside Spirits to relocate to downtown Winter Park leaving resort with fewer off-sale liquor options
- Power World buys Full Circle Cyclery to diversify motorsports business
- Spring Bash and Splash to bring a month-long celebration to Winter Park